Monday, October 12, 2009

1" Scale Tiki Bar Update

Just a small update. Stained the roof and am experimenting with leaves. I was thinking of thatching the roof with coconut, but I'm pleased with the way the stain looks and I may do something more minimalist for it and use it more to showcase the Tiki Bar sign (see previous post). Besides, the coconut fiber looks great, but it's a pain in the ass to work with. :P


I wasn't completely happy with the columns that came with the kit (it's a gazebo) I'm using for this project, so I "roughed 'em up" a bit. I carved off the square corners, distressed them, and did a green and brown stain treatment (by "stain," I mean a wash of watered-down acrylics).


That's it for now. The project is getting very close to being ready for the main structure to be assembled and then the fun part begins... adding the details!



3 comments:

  1. Hi love!!!!!! :) I know you are sitting right next to me, and I just told you this, but I have an award for you here: http://lindasminis.blogspot.com/2009/10/better-late-than-never-blog-award.html

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jay!
    I just found your blog thanks to Linda! Love your tiki bar and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathi!

    I'm hoping to get some work done on it this weekend and post more pictures. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete