Sunday, January 25, 2009

Okole maluna!

After getting inspired by my wonderful, beautiful, and talented better half, I decided to set up my own mini 'blog. Having moved to New Hampshire just over a year ago, I still have some personal belongings in Pennsylvania. Of some of my most missed items are the fixings for a vintage tiki bar.

Not sure yet if I'll be doing an umbrella for the bar or a hut-style bar, but either way, it's going to be thatched. The umbrella is proving difficult... errr... proving that I'm lacking the patience for it, so I may be doing the hut after all. I bundled some coconut fiber together to ease the process.


I've also fashioned a tiki wall mask out of Sculpey III. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I swiped a sponge brush with watered-down, brown acrylic paint to get that wood grain look.

Once the top layer was dried, I added the finishing colors. I'm thinking of calling him Baka Nala Ala.


That's all I have for now! Stay tuned for more.

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment